Aza is the founder of Massive Health, and was until recently Creative Lead for Firefox. Previously, he was Head of User Experience for Mozilla Labs. He’s been responsible for innovations like Panorama and Ubiquity. Aza gave his first talk on user interface at age 10 and got hooked. At 17, he was talking and consulting internationally; at 19, he coauthored a physics textbook because he was too young to buy alcohol; at 21, he started drinking alcohol and co-founded Humanized which later became part of Mozilla kicking off the Labs department. Two years later, Aza founded and sold Songza.com, a minimalist music search engine that had over a million song plays in its first week. In another life, Aza has done Dark Matter research at both Tokyo University and the University of Chicago, from where he graduated with honors in math and physics. Visit his blog, Aza on Design.
- Wanna Solve Impossible Problems? Find Ways to Fail Quicker
- The Untold Story of How My Dad Helped Invent the First Mac
- The Mac Inventor's Gift Before Dying: An Immortal Design Lesson for His Son
- Crazy UI Idea: Our Phones Should Speak In Vibrated Text
- We Talk With Body Language. So Should Our Cellphones
- Think You're Good At Multitasking? Take These Tests
- Kitchen Interfaces Suck; Let's Break Down Why