Jake is a design partner at Google Ventures. He created Google Ventures’ design sprint process, and has run over 80 sprints with startups like About.me, Nest, Blue Bottle Coffee, and Foundation Medicine. He's spoken about design process at Stanford, UC-Berkeley, and Columbia University.
Previously, Jake was Google’s design strategy vigilante. He led sprints for everything from Google X to Gmail to Google Chrome. Jake also started Google Hangouts.
Long ago, Jake grew up on a rural island in Washington State, began his design career at Oakley, and led product design on Microsoft Encarta. He is currently among the world’s tallest designers.
- Google Ventures: Your Design Team Needs A War Room. Here's How To Set One Up
- The 8 Steps To Creating A Great Storyboard
- 9 Rules For Running A Productive Design Critique
- Got A Bright Idea? Test It With A Rapid-Fire User Study
- A Lightning-Fast Way To Make A Digital Prototype
- How To Decide What Ideas To Prototype
- The First Step In A Design Challenge: Build Team Understanding
- From Google Ventures, The 6 Ingredients You Need To Run A Design Sprint
- How To Conduct Your Own Google Ventures Design Sprint