John Pavlus is a writer and filmmaker focusing on science, tech, and design topics. His writing has appeared in Wired, New York, Scientific American, Technology Review, BBC Future, and other outlets. He also creates original web videos for top media brands like Conde Nast, NPR, Slate, Nature Publishing Group, and The New York Times Magazine through his production company, Small Mammal. He lives in Portland, OR.
- The Next Phase Of UX: Designing Chatbot Personalities
- How Do You Design A UX For Infinity?
- For Designers, Learning To Code Isn't A Yes-No Question
- There's No Such Thing As A Perfectly Designed Email App (And That's Okay)
- How Ikea Designs Its (In)famous Instruction Manuals
- Will The Deck Survive iOS 9's Ad Blocker Onslaught?
- Zoom Wants Health Care to Be More Like Visiting An Apple Store
- “No UI” Design’s Next Move: Fake UI
- What Japanese Etiquette Can Tell Us About Good UX Design
- How Email Became The Most Reviled Communication Experience Ever
- App Bribes You Into Airing Your Digital Dirty Laundry
- 5 Steps To Re-create Xerox PARC's Design Magic (From The Guy Who Helped Make It)
- "Delightful" Interaction Design Needs To Die
- An App To Stop Workers Fighting Over Office Thermostats
- The Future Of Design, Imagined Honestly