John Pavlus is a writer and filmmaker focusing on science, tech, and design topics. His writing has appeared in Wired, New York, Scientific American, Technology Review, BBC Future, and other outlets. He also creates original web videos for top media brands like Conde Nast, NPR, Slate, Nature Publishing Group, and The New York Times Magazine through his production company, Small Mammal. He lives in Portland, OR.
- It's Almost Impossible To Make Bad Music With This App
- How Having A Baby Made Me Learn To Love Comic Sans
- Finally, Science Branding That Doesn't Suck
- An App Designed To Keep Your Micromanaging Boss At Bay
- Aviate Makes Using Your Android Phone Way Less Irritating
- A Wearable Fitness Tracker For Diehard Gym Rats
- Tick: A To-Do App To Replace Those Tired Post-It Notes
- Design Fractal Art On The Supercomputer In Your Pocket
- Oxford Debuts A Library Chair To Last For Centuries
- 3 Essential Tips For Redesigning An App For iOS 7
- Can Colored Text Turn You Into an Online Speed-Reader?
- Petcube Will Let You Play With Shelter Pets Before Adopting Them
- Kickstarting: A Flexible Keyboard For The iPad Mini
- 3 Design Strategies That Let Voyager 1 Survive Interstellar Space
- Why Google Should Ditch Consumers And Sell Glass To Enterprise Instead